- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: October 5, 2005
Get the inside story of an industry that has grown from a single section of the Sears catalog to a $100 billion industry.
- The ultimate celebration and investigation of engineering excellence.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
- See how three cartoon characters helped launch a multi-billion dollar industry.
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS® tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
In 1903, Sears added auto parts to their famous catalog. Today, consumers in every corner of the nation can easily obtain essential replacement parts or aftermarket adornments for their beloved rides. From the very first Pep Auto Supplies store in Philadelphia to the legendary SO-CAL Speed Shop, heart of Hot Rod culture, MODERN MARVELS® examines the evolution and introduces the major players of today's $100 billion industry. See how Armor All® became a household name and see why the spare tire may soon go the way of the rumbleseat.