Modern Marvels The Supermarket DVD
SKU ID #69890
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 15, 2006
A trip to the market is much more than a stroll down the aisles, as you'll learn in this fascinating DVD.
- The ultimate celebration and investigation of engineering excellence.
- Every aspect of your food-shopping experience has been engineered by experts.
- For over a decade, MODERN MARVELS has brought grand stories to life.
Celebrating ingenuity, invention and imagination brought to life on a grand scale, MODERN MARVELS® tells the fascinating stories of the doers, dreamers and sometime-schemers who created everyday items, technological breakthroughs and man-made wonders.
Our basic need and desire for food has made the supermarket one of the great success stories of modern retailing. Making customers' visits as efficient and profitable for the store as possible has led to many technological advancements, such as bar coding and a scale that recognizes the type of produce placed on it.
Wander the aisles with MODERN MARVELS® to explore the finely-engineered psychology of the supermarket, including store layout, lighting, music and aromas that trigger the appetite. Also, learn how organic grocers are carving out an increasingly large niche as a growing percentage of the public becomes interested in eating healthier foods..
Discover just how far the modern market has come from the mom-and-pop corner store in THE SUPERMARKET.