Modern Marvels World War I Tech DVD
SKU ID #68766
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 30, 2004
The Great War saw the debut of a new generation of weaponry that revolutionized the way wars are fought.
- Military scholars reveal how the blend of new technologies and old tactics played out in legendary battles like Verdun.
- An expansive survey of the many weapons that were first deployed during World War I.
- See rare combat footage and photos.
World War One epitomized the dark underbelly of the industrial revolution. The technological achievements that had streamlined 19th century production, improved transportation and expanded science were put to use efficiently decimating an entire generation of soldiers during the early 20th century.
The first bombing airplanes. The earliest tanks. Submarines. The first large-scale use of chemical weapons. All these and more were introduced in the ''Great War,'' and the after-effects are still being felt today. From the manufacturing advances that made the new weapons possible to the personal accounts of the soldiers who felt their effects in battle, MODERN MARVELS® heads to the trenches and fields of a war-torn continent to chronicle the birth of modern warfare.