Mosquito Attack! DVD
SKU ID #68798
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 12, 2004
Soar high above occupied Europe in a plane so advanced that German pilots were awarded two kills if they shot one down!
- Hear from the men who flew it in combat.
- Get an up-close look at surviving examples.
- The ultimate look at one of World War II's most important warplanes.
It was conceived as a bomber so fast that it would not need guns or armor. The idea was met with contempt from the British high command, which asked the DeHaviland company to continue making wings for other planes. Undaunted, they developed a plane which became one of the most effective, versatile and celebrated of World War II.
The Mosquito was equally at home at 30,000 feet or skimming over the treetops. With a top speed greater than 400 mph, the Mosquito was so fast and maneuverable that Germany awarded pilots two kills if they shot one down. Powered by two Rolls Royce Merlin engines, it was made almost entirely of wood--a decision that ensured that both materials and skilled craftsmen would be available throughout the war. By the war's end, over 40 versions of this amazing aircraft were in use. Fly into the heat of battle on one of these wooden wonders and see preserved examples up close.