Modern Marvels: Mountain Roads DVD
SKU ID #70573
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 5, 2005
Travel the roads which tamed some of the continent's most fearsome landscapes.
- See how bold engineers and legions of workers tamed America's greatest ranges.
- Drive across the Sierra Nevadas on the Donner Pass.
- Trace the half-century construction of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
They are monumental feats of engineering that preserved America's natural wonders while paving the way towards her future.
Travel the Donner Pass in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, site of a dark chapter in U.S. history. Today, crews use the latest technology to keep I-80 open during the worst winter storms. Enjoy the view while traveling to the summit of Colorado's Pike's Peak, inspiration for "America the Beautiful." The "Going-to-the-Sun-Road" slices through Montana's majestic Glacier National Park, crossing the Continental Divide and providing unsurpassed views of mountain scenery. Outside Denver, the Eisenhower Memorial Tunnel united eastern and western Colorado. And the Blue Ridge Parkway, which took 52 years to complete, snakes through some of the most beautiful scenery in the nation, bringing 20 million motorists a year closer to nature.