Moving an Airport DVD
SKU ID #70068
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 21, 2007
People on the move naturally head for airports, but what if the airport ITSELF was on the move? Impossible? Not for this crew!
- What does it take to move impossibly large airport structures?
- The ultimate in heavy lifting.
- Engineers are put to the test relocating everything from 19th century churches to massive factories.
If you're the type who can't leave anything behind, you may have to call in the MEGA MOVERS. Whether it?s a 19th century church, a railroad bridge or an entire beach there's nothing our experts can't relocate. Of course, when it comes time to lift a structure from its foundations and head down the road (at a fraction of a mile an hour), every creak and groan can provide a vital clue, and a mistake of an inch could spell disaster.
No-one in their right mind would even consider moving the visually stunning, million-square-feet, white peaked roof of the Denver International Airport. Luckily, we're talking about the Mega-Movers!
And when a futuristic (circa 1962) airport terminal no longer does the job, it has to go. But if it's the Trans World Flight Center designed by Eero Saarinen and it's a historic landmark, then you can't just knock it down. No, even if it weighs 800 tons and contains acres of glass walls, you're going to have to move it. Luckily, the MEGA MOVERS crew has the know-how, the guts and access to the most heavy-lift equipment ever amassed.
We are go for takeoff!