Patton 360 & Battle 360 Season 1 DVD Set
SKU ID #87815
Sale Price: $49.46
You Save: 10% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
Patton 360: The Complete Season One DVD SetIt was a war – and a series of military campaigns – like no other. Now HISTORY puts you in the action with Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. as he leads his heroic soldiers in North Africa, in the invasion of Sicily, and in the charge across Europe to defeat Hitler’s Third Reich.
Following on the success of Battle 360, PATTON 360 uses cutting-edge computer graphic animation and the latest technology to bring viewers a 360-degree view of World War II. Patton, a complicated, colorful, and ferociously determined officer known as “Old Blood and Guts,” springs to life with the aid of archival footage, personal diary quotes, and commentary from historians and veterans. With insight into the forces he commanded and battles he led, you’ll be there for all the drama, from lightning-fast armored assaults to the Battle of the Bulge and the final battles inside Germany after crossing the Rhine. Grab a helmet and prepare for action!
BONUS FEATURES: TBD
- Blood & Guts: Patton and the U.S. Army invade North Africa and encounter surprisingly strong pro-Nazi French forces. When a ceasefire is declared, Patton enters the city of Casablanca in triumph.
- Rommel’s Last Stand: American forces are humiliated at Kasserine Pass, but Patton heads to the front, whips the poorly trained troops into shape, and leads them to victory at El Guettar and eventually, with the help of the British, all of North Africa.
- Baptism of Blood: Although Patton and the Allies come up against a surprise counterattack by Italian tanks, they successfully hold the beaches and prepare to push into Sicily to capture the island’s capital, Palermo.
- Rogue General: Facing a well-entrenched German Army, Patton races against his British Allies to claim the vital city of Messina. But instead of a hero’s welcome, the general is relieved of his command for slapping two soldiers.
- American Blitzkrieg: As a ruse to fool the Germans about D-Day, Patton commands a fictitious army in England. Only after the invasion succeeds is he finally able to lead the lightning-fast armored assaults for which he is famous.
- Patton’s Own: Patton’s Third Army tear through France, moving faster and seizing more territory than any army in history. Within a month they advance to within 60 miles of the German border.
- On Hitler’s Doorstep: Patton’s blitzkrieg is so successful that his army outruns its own supply lines, causing delays that allow the Germans to launch a major counterattack. But even with inferior tanks, the American emerge triumphant.
- Siege Warfare: It takes Patton nearly two months to subdue the heavily fortified city of Metz, which is surrounded by nearly impenetrable concrete fortresses, but finally the Americans prove victorious.
- Battle of the Bulge: Patton’s Third Army races to the rescue of American units under intense attack in Belgium. Despite the worst weather in 20 years, they smash through German lines and relieve the beleaguered forces.
- Crushing the Third Reich: Patton beats the British to the Rhine River, launches a Patton beats the British to the Rhine River, launches a rescue mission to save his son-in-law and liberates the Ohrdruf death camp. The war ends with an Allied victory, but before the year is over, the fabled general dies of injuries from a car accident.
Battle 360: The Complete Season 1 DVD Set
Trace the history of WWII through the only ship to be part of every major sea battle in the Pacific, the USS Enterprise. With CGI visualizations, combat footage, and military personnel interviews, understand the intense coordination involved in every battle and experience the frenzy of every firefight.
- This four disc set contains all ten original episodes.
- CGI imagery and combat footage capture the frenzy of every firefight.
- Hear from USS Enterprise crew members, past and present.
One aircraft carrier saw every major battle in the Pacific during World War II. This floating city was there from the Doolittle Raid to Iwo Jima. Earning 20 battle stars and the distinction of being the most decorated ship of WWII, the USS Enterprise was instrumental in American battle success.
This 10 episode collection recounts those epic days in the Pacific. See every major battle. Discover the massive coordination of air, sea, and underwater forces necessary to complete a successful mission. Find out how this ship was the hub for planes, submarines, destroyers, and cruisers. With CGI imagery and historic footage, experience the frenzy of every firefight. Former and current seamen share their seafaring experiences.
Enjoy the original episodes CALL TO DUTY, VENGEANCE AT MIDWAY, JAWS OF THE ENEMY, BLOODY SANTA CRUZ, ENTERPRISE VS. JAPAN, THE GREY GHOST, HAMMER OF HELL, D-DAY IN THE PACIFIC, BATTLE OF LEYTE GULF, and THE EMPIRE'S LAST STAND.
Meet the opposition the Enterprise faced in enemy subs and kamikaze pilots. Experience battles like Midway, the Great Marianas Turkey Shoot, and the Gilberts Invasion. From sneak attacks to the eventual victory, this four disc collection has it all.