Secret Allied Trap DVD
SKU ID #69017
You Save: $12.47 50% off
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 4, 2005
Dive on the wreck of a ship whose loss gave Hitler an excuse to declare war on the United States.
- World renowned wreck diver John Chatterton exposes long submerged secrets.
- Extraordinary photography captures every step of these underwater missions.
- Trace the tale of the Rhein, a German merchant ship which sank under mysterious circumstances.
Armed with the latest underwater technology, driven by boundless curiosity and steeled with courage, the DEEP SEA DETECTIVES travel the globe to visit long-lost shipwrecks and other enticing treasures of the deep. With their incredible expertise and experience, John Chatterton and the other Detectives bring tales to the surface that have been submerged for generations.
When Hitler declared war on the U.S., one of his justifications was that the U.S. had "compelled" three German ships to scuttle themselves. More than sixty years later, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler dive a sunken wreck off Florida's coast and discover it is the Rhein, one of Hitler's lost merchant ships. Chatterton and Kohler track the twisting tale of its sinking--from cryptic newspaper reports to official US deck logs that appear to be missing important information. Along the way, they reveal the actions of an officially neutral US government in the tense period prior to her entry into WWII.