Shootout!: Okinawa: The Last Battle of WWII DVD
SKU ID #69899
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 24, 2006
The bloodiest battle of the Pacific, the crescendo before the atomic attacks, comes alive as never before in this incredible DVD presentation from THE HISTORY CHANNEL.
- Take aim from both sides of the firing line at some of history's most famous battles.
- Awesome CGI sequences and interviews with leading experts bring the fight to life.
- A uniquely comprehensive examination of the largest sea-land-air battle in history.
Take aim from both sides of the fight. SHOOTOUT! examines the personalities, the weapons, the firepower, and the leadership needed to defeat the enemy. With 3D CGI animation sequences and testimony from scholars and experts, the battles come alive as they looked to the soldiers and shooters themselves.
It was the last battle before the bombs - the final stepping stone on the warpath to Japan. Equal parts bloodbath and chess match, SHOOTOUT! presents the strategies and tragedies that made Okinawa the Pacific's bloodiest battlefield.
Coupled with its spectacular trademark computer-aided recreations of the legendary Battle of Okinawa, this special installment of SHOOTOUT! presents soldiers who survived the terrible conflict telling the story in their own words. Honored veterans of Nishibaru Ridge, Sugar Loaf Hill, and other deadly skirmishes form the spine of this masterful retelling.
The cutting-edge rendering technology allows you to understand the battles as never before, hearing the soldiers' stories in their own voice brings their experience alive like nothing else.