Siberian Apocalypse DVD
SKU ID #69952
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 26, 2006
A century ago a mysterious explosion one thousand times the strength of the Hiroshima bomb rocked the Siberian wilderness. What happened? Will it happen again?
- Such a catastrophe over a major city would be unimaginably deadly... and unstoppable.
- The first expedition to analyze the Tunguska Event was over a decade after the explosion.
- Scientists agree another event of this magnitude is inevitable.
On June 30, 1908, the Russian wilderness shook with a colossal mid-air explosion like nothing before in human history. With as much as 20 megatons of force it leveled 1000 square miles of forest.
The Tunguska Event was nothing less than a preview of the end of the world.
So remote was the Tunguska ground zero that thirteen years passed before the first recorded expedition arrived on the scene. Even then, findings were less than conclusive, and the intervening decades have given rise to over one hundred theories -- from the probable to the absurd -- about the blast. Despite the controversy, it is undeniable that the Tunguska Event was devastating and that it could happen again.
In this enthralling documentary, THE HISTORY CHANNEL® undertakes the first truly comprehensive analysis of the Tunguska Event. What exactly caused the Earth to shake in the early Siberian morning? How far did the explosion's effects reach? Is there anything we can do to stop the next planet killer? What is being done right now by NASA and other organizations to protect us?
What happened a century ago could happen tomorrow, and SIBERIAN APOCALYPSE offers the most complete account of this earth-shattering event.