offExclusiveHow The States Got Their Shapes DVD We are so familiar with the map of United States, but do we know why our states look the way they do? Every shape on the map tells a great story about our past. Why is California bent? To cling on to gold. Why does Oklahoma have a panhandle? Because of shifting borders for slavery. Why does…
$29.98$17.99Add to Cart
- Mail Call: Hurricane Katrina DVDGunnery Sergeant R. Lee Ermey hits the skies with the Air Force Pararescue Teams, the PJs, to take a look at how these helicopter hard-chargers pulled refugees out harm's way and flew them to safety after the recent Katrina catastrophe in the Gulf Coast.$19.99Add to Cart
- Mannahatta A Natural History of New York City (Hardcover) BookOn September 12, 1609, Henry Hudson first set eyes on the land that would become Manhattan. It's difficult for us to imagine what he saw, but for more than a decade, landscape ecologist Eric Sanderson has been working to do just that. Mannahatta: A Natural History of New York City is the…$40.00Add to Cart
- Mega Disasters: Hawaii Apocalypse DVD Could this be “paradise lost?” If Mauna Loa erupts with her full fury again, the world’s most beautiful and expensive real estate would be nothing but cinders and puddles. MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen. Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to…$19.99Add to Cart
- The Conquerors: Fremont: Conqueror of California DVD Meet the larger than life personality who fomented the Bear Flag Rebellion and helped bring California into the Union. THE CONQUERORS blends incisive scholarship and dramatic re-creations to bring iconic figures to life. Filled with visits to important sites and interviews with leading…$19.99Add to Cart
offDeep Sea Detectives: Shipwrecks!: California DVD Archeologists and salvagers are engaged in a running battle over the fate of shipwrecks along California's coast.
$19.99$11.99Add to Cart
offHidden History of Boston DVD The Boston Globe's Mike Barnicle hosts this captivating two-hour tour of America's most historic city.
$19.99$13.99Add to Cart
- Mega Disasters: California's Katrina DVD Is the increasingly unpredictable weather of the last few years a sign of disaster to come? Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks faced by U.S. cities. Experts debate the potential effects of massive, global climactic change. MEGA DISAS$19.99Add to Cart
- Mega Disasters: New York City Hurricane DVD It has been over a century since New York City has borne the full brunt of a hurricane; what would happen if Gotham’s luck ran out? MEGA DISASTERS explores the worst of what could happen. Stunning computer graphics and actual footage combine to create convincing pictures of the risks…$19.99Add to Cart
- Modern Marvels New York Bridges DVDFrom the first-ever suspension bridge to lesser-known arteries, here are the stories of the lifelines that connect Manhattan to the world.$19.99Add to Cart
- Modern Marvels: The Alaskan Oil Pipeline DVD In 1973, a desperate America, starved by an OPEC embargo, began construction on an 800-mile lifeline for its insatiable oil hunger. Speak to survivors of the brutality which claimed nearly a million lives. Government officials and international politicians reflect on the genocide and its…$19.99Add to Cart
- Subway: Empire Beneath New York's Streets DVDHop aboard for a fascinating look at the history and technology of the world's largest subway system, and go behind the scenes to see what makes it tick.$19.99Add to Cart
- Treasure: Hawaii's Lost Riches DVD This is the story of the hundred-year odyssey to recover the treasures of the only royal palace ever built in America. $19.99Add to Cart
- How the States Got Their Shapes Too: The People Behind the Borderlines...Was Roger Williams too pure for the Puritans, and what does that have to do with Rhode Island? Why did Augustine Herman take ten years to complete the map that established Delaware? How did Rocky Mountain rogues help create the state of Colorado? All this and more is explained in Mark…$24.95Add to Cart
offBest of Both Worlds: Hawaii DVDWhether you've got money to burn or are squeezing every penny, this unique show highlights the best Hawaii has to offer.
$19.99$11.99Add to Cart
- Biography Heroes Of Katrina DVDA look at the ordinary men and women who went beyond the call of duty to step in and help those in need in the days after the devastation along the Gulf Coast from Hurricane Katrina.$24.95Add to Cart