- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: February 6, 2006
Visit the quarry where Stonehenge was born and see how the ancients maneuvered its massive pieces into place.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
- Examine the latest theories surrounding the enigmatic builders of Britain's ancient monument.
"Adventure has a new name." Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
Stonehenge is one of the most famous and mysterious structures in the world. Now, host Josh Bernstein investigates the origins of Stonehenge and the prehistoric world that surrounded it. From the depths of a 5,000-year-old copper mine to an ancient quarry from which the stones were carved, Josh deploys the latest archaeological evidence to discover who built this great monument. Then, using prehistoric technology as his guide, he reveals how it was built, and why!