The BBC High Definition Natural History Collection Featuring Planet Earth Blu-ray
SKU ID #72285
Sale Price: $149.99
- Applies to in-stock items only
- 3-7 business days: Wed., Dec. 17, 12pm ET
- 1-2 business days: Sun., Dec. 21, 12pm ET
- Next business day: Mon., Dec. 22, 12pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Blu-ray
- Rating: Not Rated
- Studio: BBC Warner
- Blu-Ray Release Date: August 5, 2008
- Genre: Documentary
Five years in production, over 2000 days in the field, using 40 cameramen filming across 200 locations, shot entirely in high definition, this is the ultimate portrait of our planet. A stunning television experience that captures rare action, impossible locations and intimate moments with our planet's best-loved, wildest and most elusive creatures. From the highest mountains to the deepest rivers, this blockbuster series takes you on an unforgettable journey through the daily struggle for survival in Earth's most extreme habitats.
Planet Earth takes you to places you have never seen before, to experience sights and sounds you may never experience anywhere else.
- Wild China: An exotic fusion of natural history and Oriental adventure, ''Wild China'' is a series of journeys through four startlingly different landscapes, each based around the travels of a real historical character. With splendor, scale and romance, Wild China lifts the veil on the world's most enigmatic and magnificent country, delving into its vibrant habitats to reveal a land of unbelievable natural complexity. Journey across China from the glittering peaks of the Himalayas to the barren steppe, the sub-Arctic to the tropical islands, through deserts both searingly hot and mind-numbingly cold and see, in pioneering images, a dazzling array of mysterious, beautiful, wild and rare creatures.
- Galapagos: The inspiration for Darwin's theory of evolution, the Galápagos Islands are a living laboratory, a geological conveyor belt that has given birth to and seen the death of many species of plants and animals. As the western islands rise up from the sea offering a chance of life, the eastern islands sink back beneath the waves guaranteeing only death. Between the two are the middle islands; fertile, lush land in its prime that contains an incredible diversity of life. Nowhere else on the Earth are the twin processes of creation and extinction of species so starkly apparent... see it all unfold before your eyes in this stunning series filmed entirely in high definition from the BBC and the National Geographic Channel.
- Ganges: A sumptuous series that tells the story of the most extraordinary river in the world - the Ganges. Human life and nature bustle along her river banks, in a kaleidoscope of color and energy. From man-hunting tigers to giant lizards, here the wildlife is as diverse as the people. Traversing from the peaks of the Himalayas through frenetic cities to the teeming delta where the river meets the sea, this is a vibrant and colorful look at how the Ganges shaped the wildlife, culture and beliefs of India.