- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 6
- Run Time: 1011 Minutes
- Region: 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English
- Studio: Turner Home Ent
- DVD Release Date: November 15, 2005
- Subtitles: English, Spanish, French
ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo [CC]
SPANISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Director: Joseph Sargent, Robert Markowitz, Peter Hall , Roger Young
- Genre: Special Interest
- Color: Color
- Release Date: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
They are among the best-known stories in the world. These tales from the Old Testament are fundamental narratives central to the Judeo-Christian tradition and to world culture.
In the mid-90s, the TNT® network undertook a remarkable effort to definitively dramatize these important sagas. The result was a library of lavish, feature-length films starring some of the greatest actors in the world including Sir Richard Harris, Ben Kingsley and Michael Gambon.
Filmed on location near the actual historical sites, and sparing no expense to achieve a striking authenticity, these beautifully photographed productions bring brilliantly to life the most important figures of the Old Testament — Abraham, David, Jacob, Moses and others — and compellingly immerse the audience in their world.
This special DVD collection offers faithful dramatizations of six central Old Testament stories. The BIBLE MOVIE COLLECTION will move you, entertain you and possibly enlighten you.
The BIBLE MOVIE COLLECTION includes:
- ABRAHAM: This is a dramatization of the life of Abraham, the most tested servant of God, from his quest for the Promised Land to the sacrifice of his son. Richard Harris.
- DAVID: Depicts David as a simple man who rises to greatness as he is chosen to be the ruler of Israel. Nathaniel Parker, Jonathan Pryce, Leonard Nimoy, Sheryl Lee.
- JACOB: Based on the biblical story of Jacob, who betrayed his brother and toiled long in penance before receiving God's grace and forgiveness. Matthew Modine, Lara Flynn Boyle.
- JOSEPH: The tale of Jacob's son who rose to power in Egypt, much to the dismay and chagrin of his 10 older brothers. Ben Kingsley, Martin Landau, Leslie Ann Warren.
- MOSES: An ordinary man is called upon by God to do the impossible. Persecuted by the Pharoah, Moses leads his people to freedom. Ben Kingsley.
- SAMSON AND DELILAH: A beautiful Philistine woman betrays a man whose strength can single-handedly defeat entire armies. Eric Thal, Elizabeth Hurley, Dennis Hopper.