The Big Build: The Castle Tower DVD
SKU ID #69313
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 21, 2005
The debut episode of the unique "how-to" series sees a medieval tower rise above the landscape of northern Idaho.
- The ultimate hands-on blend of history and engineering.
- Hosted by contractor and former pro football player Nick Mystrom.
- Nick and the crew have less than three weeks to erect an iconic Medieval edifice.
What does it take to construct a Viking longboat? Or raise a looming stone tower like those that dotted the landscape of Medieval Europe?
THE BIG BUILD reaches back to the past for challenges and inspiration and tackles the ultimate "how to" projects. Host and contractor Nick Mystrom enlists the help of experts from construction's most esoteric fields as he puts his hands on history.
Nick is in northern Idaho to erect a 2-story castle tower the way masons did a thousand years ago. But he's on a decidedly modern timetable, with less than three weeks to create what could take up to four years in the old days. Will Nick be able to relax and gaze upon the stars from atop the tower before reveal day? Will the weather cooperate? And what will the reaction be when Nick presents the tower to Kris and Chalon Frandsen, two self-proclaimed castle lovers?