- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: June 19, 2005
From his ascension to power in France, to campaigns in Italy, Egypt, Austria, and Russia, Napoleon Bonaparte rose from commoner to general to king to emperor.
- Each episode illuminates the mind and motivations of the figures who shaped the world to their will.
- One of the greatest military commanders of all time, he conquered the larger part of Europe and did much to modernize the nations he ruled.
- Travel the world to examine the conquests of history's greatest commanders.
His name is, without question, synonymous with that of ""Conqueror"", though he never considered himself as such. He said he was a liberator, bringing enlightenment to the people of Western Europe. Yet his actions and prowess as a military commander rank him among the greatest conquerors of all time. From his ascension to power in France, to campaigns in Italy, Egypt, Austria, and Russia, Napoleon Bonaparte rose from commoner to general to king to emperor. At the height of his power, he ruled most of Western Europe. In this episode, we consider his stunning victory at Austerlitz.