- Additional Details
- Format: Closed-captioned, Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 3, 2006
Could an extinct sloth be the source of incredible tales of South American giants?
- Travel deep into the South American jungle on the trail of an enchanting legend.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
"Adventure has a new name." Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
Throughout the centuries, countless explorers visited Patagonia and reported sighting giants. Even the name Patagonia (Land of the Big Feet) speaks to these apparitions. But what exactly did these explorers see?
Josh Bernstein accompanies paleontologists, naturalists, and crypto-zoologists on a search to determine whether an extinct, upright-walking ground sloth could have lived into the era of human habitation and spurred these tales. He treks across glaciers, descends deep in the mountain caves, accompanies a band of gauchos on horseback, and joins a modern-day paleontology dig trying to uncover evidence that the ground sloth still exists today.