The Lost Evidence: Guam DVD
SKU ID #69372
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 23, 2005
See how U.S. troops advanced incrementally for three weeks to recover an island defended by nearly 20,000 enemy troops.
- A cutting-edge combination of CGI animation and aerial footage.
- As each moment unfolds, experts analyze the tactics and strategies.
- Each episode offers an unforgettable profile of a pivotal engagement.
The footage sat for decades, its unique view of important encounters unseen. Shot from aircraft high above the Pacific, it captures the intense action as American forces battled Japanese defenders in the fabled Island-Hopping campaign that led to Japan's doorstep. Enriched with cutting-edge CGI graphics which create detailed contour maps of the islands, PACIFIC: THE LOST EVIDENCE sheds new light on some of WWII's most important engagements.
On July 21, 1944, American Marines and GIs invaded the island of Guam--once U.S. territory. Over the next 21 days, this Japanese stronghold in the Mariana Islands would become a bitter and bloody battlefield as U.S. forces fought to expel nearly 19,000 tenacious troops from their heavily defended positions. The conflict became one of restoring American pride as battle-hardened troops fought to return to the site of the old U.S. barracks and raise the American flag.