The Lost Evidence: Leyte DVD
SKU ID #69361
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: December 16, 2005
Relive the dramatic invasion which began the liberation of the Philippines--and made good on MaCarthur’s famous promise.
- A cutting-edge combination of CGI animation and aerial footage.
- As each moment unfolds, experts analyze the tactics and strategies.
- Each episode offers an unforgettable profile of a pivotal engagement.
The footage sat for decades, its unique view of important encounters unseen. Shot from aircraft high above the Pacific, it captures the intense action as American forces battled Japanese defenders in the fabled “Island-Hopping” campaign that led to Japan’s doorstep. Enriched with cutting-edge CGI graphics which create detailed contour maps of the islands, PACIFIC: THE LOST EVIDENCE sheds new light on some of WWII’s most important engagements.
On October 20, 1944 U.S. troops stormed ashore on the island of Leyte--beginning the liberation of the Philippines after two years of Japanese occupation. The invasion triggered the Japanese Navy's last-ditch attempt to stop the American advance in the Pacific. But, after three days of desperate combat, the Americans finally beat back the Japanese attacks to write one of the most glorious pages in U.S. Naval history.