The Nehru-Gandhi Dynasty DVD
SKU ID #68012
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: October 1, 2004
This look at their legacy and influence shows why they have been referred to as India's Kennedy Family.
- Dramatic footage captures key moments in Indian political history.
- An in-depth look at the leaders who left their mark on history.
- Filled with commentary from political insiders and veteran diplomats.
One applied the principles of nonviolence to usher in a revolution. Another oversaw the coming of age of a new world power.
Few nations have undergone as dramatic a transformation since World War II as India. Freed from the British Empire and left to chart its own course, the world's second most populous nation has joined the nuclear community, become a major global economic force, and matured into a stable democracy. Without the efforts of two remarkable men, none of this would have happened. While the life and work of activist and visionary Mohandas "Mahatma" Gandhi was the inspirational root of modern India, his disciple Motilal Nehru, nationalist leader of India, lawyer, and journalist, was the paterfamilias.
BIOGRAPHY® documents their stunning successes as well as the tragedies that have threatened to unravel the dynasty that have shepherded their ancient nation into the modern world.