- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: April 17, 2006
On a Jordanian mountain, Josh encounters evidence supporting the biblical account of cities destroyed by a vengeful God.
- Archeology gets a fresh new face in this exciting series.
- Scientists speculate on non-divine explanations for the fate of the Old Testament's most infamous cities.
- Hosted by adventurer Josh Bernstein, President and CEO of the world's oldest and largest wilderness survival school.
"Adventure has a new name." Host, explorer and survival expert Josh Bernstein takes a fresh look at the world's greatest ancient mysteries and puts adventure back into history as he travels to some of the most intriguing, remote and physically challenging locations in the world. With a fresh and engaging approach to archaeology, Josh goes to extremes and takes us along for the ride.
The Bible says that God destroyed the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah as punishment for their wicked ways. But is there any evidence that such a thing actually happened?
Josh Bernstein travels to the Near East to follow clues from the Scriptures. In modern-day Jordan, nestled near the Dead Sea, two sister cities reveal archaeological evidence of a great destruction. And on a nearby mountain is a strange "Pillar of Salt." Could these be the fabled cities of Sodom and Gomorrah, and if so, can the tools of modern-day archeology reconstruct what happened in those fateful days before these cities were laid to waste?