- Additional Details
- Format: DVD
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 3
- Run Time: 296 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Language: English
- Studio: A&E Home Video
- DVD Release Date: December 15, 2009
- Genre: TV Series
- Only five episodes of the BBC’s celebrated 1960s Sherlock Holmes series survive. Coincidentally, all five star the inimitable Peter Cushing (Star Wars) as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s legendary detective, with Nigel Stock as Dr. Watson. And, fortunately for Holmes fans, they have finally been made available on DVD in North America, courtesy of A&E.
- DISC 1: The Hound of the Baskervilles
- DISC 2: A Study in Scarlet / The Boscombe Valley Mystery
- DISC 3: The Sign of Four / The Blue Carbuncle / Bonus
Having already starred as Holmes in the famous Hammer film Hound of the Baskervilles, Cushing was uniquely suited to craft the definitive portrayal for these five captivating televised mysteries. For his first outing as the BBC’s Holmes, Cushing revisits the moors of Dartmoor for a feature-length version of Holmes’ most well-known case, The Hound of the Baskervilles. Subsequent adventures pit his vaunted intellect against murderers, cannibals and Australian bushwackers in faithful productions of The Sign of Four, The Blue Carbuncle, A Study in Scarlet and The Boscombe Valley Mystery.
BONUS FEATURES: Sherlock Holmes: The Great Detective Documentary