The Universe The Complete Season 4 Blu-ray Set
SKU ID #107852
You Save: $10.96 20% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Blu-Ray
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 3
- Run Time: 564 Minutes
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen
- Studio: A&E Video
- Blu-Ray Release Date: February 23, 2010
- Subtitles: English
- Audio: ENGLISH: PCM Stereo
- Genre: TV Series
- Color: Color
Meteors: Fire In The Sky
Comets: Prophets Of Doom
- Release Date: 2009
The Universe Season 4 Blu Ray takes you across space and time as the cosmos erupt in the Universe videos. Learn about the earth’s reliance on the moon and the dangers of space plummeting through our atmosphere. The Universe Blu Ray DVDs of season four shows the realm of extra solar planets, the space wars and so much more!
In The Universe Season 4 Blu Ray complete set journey back to the beginning of history on a mind-blowing adventure through space and time.
Using stunning HD graphics, The Universe returns in season four to transport viewers past the wonders of our own solar system and out to the bizarre far-flung reaches of the cosmos. The Universe Blu Ray DVD complete season 4 set takes you from death stars to ringed planets, star clusters to space wars, and uses new discoveries and more advanced CGI to help explain the mysteries of outer space. From wormholes to transporters, examine which elements from popular sci-fi movies could really exist; and discover how the universe is awash in all sorts of strange liquids, from oceans of methane to blobs of alcohol floating in space, and even iron rain. The Universe Videos of season four have you watching and marveling as experts cook up ten ways to destroy the Earth, including blowing it up with anti-matter, hurling it into the Sun, and colliding with another galaxy.
Buy The Universe Complete Season 4 Blu Ray DVD and examine the Galaxy in all its wonders.This 3 disc special Blu Ray set features all 12 episodes from SEASON FOUR plus additional never-aired segments.
BONUS FEATURES: Featurettes "Meteors: Fire in the Sky" "Comets: Prophets of Doom"
- DEATH STARS: Explore the threats to Earth from supernovas, gamma ray bursts, and stars that collide.
- THE DAY THE MOON WAS GONE: Everyone knows that the Moon controls our tides, but did you know that if the moon disappeared, Earth would spin much faster, giving us a shorter day, winds would blow stronger and longer, and life on our planet would be doomed?
- IT FELL FROM SPACE: Every year, dozens of objects, both natural and man-made, plummet through our atmosphere and crash into the Earth. These messengers from the sky provide scientists with amazing insights into the natural phenomena of the cosmos. Explore the mystery of these objects, some of which have turned out to be pieces of Mars!
- BIGGEST BLASTS: The universe is full of explosions that both create and destroy. This is a countdown of the biggest, most powerful blasts to rock the cosmos.
- THE HUNT FOR RINGED PLANETS: What are the physics that form the amazing phenomenon of planetary rings? From Saturn to Neptune (a little known fact: it has rings that were only recently discovered) and out into the realm of extra solar planets, we explore the science behind the most beautiful planets in the sky.
- 10 WAYS TO DESTROY THE EARTH: Don't try this at home! Our experts cook up 10 ways you could destroy the Earth including swallowing it with a microscopic black hole, blowing it up with anti-matter, hurling it into the Sun, and colliding with another galaxy.
- THE SEARCH FOR COSMIC CLUSTERS: They are some of the largest structures in the universe, huge gatherings of millions, or even billions, of stars in either globular or open clusters. But how are these clusters born? What keeps them together? And, what could tear them apart?
- SPACE WARS: The first shots of World War III will likely be fired in outer space. How will the physics beyond our atmosphere govern the future of warfare? Will lasers and phasers replace machine guns and missiles? And are rival nations already waging battles in space, targeting each other's satellites, and using low earth orbit as a way to deliver warheads?
- LIQUID UNIVERSE: While water is considered the key to life, the universe is awash in all sorts of strange liquids, from oceans of methane to blobs of alcohol floating in space, and even iron rain.