- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 100 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: Fullscreen
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 2, 2006
- Audio: ENGLISH: Dolby Digital Stereo
- Cast: Kirk Wolfinger, Melissa Jo Peltier
- Genre: Documentary
Bonus Documentary History's Mysteries: Doomed Sisters Of The Titanic
History In the Making: Titanic
- Release Date: 2006
The hosts of Deep Sea Detectives discover new evidence about the fate of the fabled liner.
- An important new investigation of the Titanic's loss.
- Hosted by John Chatterton and Richie Kohler of Deep Sea Detectives.
- Diving outside the wreck zone, John and Richie discover important new pieces of evidence.
In August 2005, John Chatterton and Richie Kohler, hosts of DEEP SEA DETECTIVES, led an expedition to the wreck of RMS Titanic. Diving 2 miles down in Russian submersibles, they searched outside the known debris field for new evidence.
On their final dive they made an extraordinary find: two large, intact sections of the Titanic's bottom hull in pristine condition with the red bottom paint still on them. For four months, a team of historians, marine architects, and engineers has been conducting a forensic analysis of this find. All agree that it's the most significant new discovery since the wreck was located in 1985. Analysis is ongoing, but preliminary indications are that these bottom sections will change our understanding of how the ship broke apart, and rewrite the story of the Titanic's final moments.
DVD Features include:
- Bonus Documentary "History's Mysteries: Doomed Sisters of the Titanic"
- 5-minute behind-the-scenes featurette
- Interactive Menus
- Scene Selection
Awards and Nominations: