- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 94 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: July 9, 2006
Learn the true story behind the Oscar® - winning film for Best Visual Effects Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest.
- Visit the harbors and hideaways where Caribbean pirates plied their deadly trade.
- See support from European monarchies shored up piracy half a world away.
- Experts recount legendary raids by figures like Henry Morgan and Black Bart Roberts.
Blackbeard. Ann Bonny. Henry Jennings. Calico Jack. Henry Morgan. Black Bart Roberts. In the 17th and early 18th century, these famous brigands and countless others terrorized the Caribbean, targeting the parade of treasure and cargo bound for Europe.
Just two years after Columbus first set foot in the Bahamas, the Pope granted Spain exclusive right to the Caribbean and most of the New World. The Spanish reaped an immense fortune in gold and silver, but with a price. England, France, and Holland all established Caribbean bases and used privateers to protect their interests and steal Spanish treasure. The line between privateering and piracy became blurred. TRUE CARIBBEAN PIRATES examine this Golden Age of Piracy and the true stories of the infamous mariners, how they operated, and their successes and failures in this dark and deadly profession.