Unsung Heroes of WWII DVD
SKU ID #87385
You Save: $23.94 40% off
Additional 10% off for History Club Members. Join Now
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
Hunting Hitler DVDAt least 15 attempts were made on Adolf Hitler's life. None succeeded, but one came close...
HISTORY™ tells the story of the men who sought to change history by their own hand, introducing the personalities, detailing the plots and revealing the oversights and errors that made them fail. While historians and scholars provide a framework, it is the extraordinary testimony of surviving conspirators and bodyguards that brings these stories to life. HUNTING HITLER centers on the events of July, 1944, when a party led by highly placed Nazi officers nearly killed their leader in the infamous "Wolf's Lair," where he spent 900 days directing the German war effort. The program also uncovers never before released evidence of a top secret plot hatched in London to kill the Fuhrer.
Through luck, planning and paranoia, the most hated man on earth defied those who tried to take his life.
BONUS FEATURES: “Plotting to Kill Hitler” Documentary
Heroes of the Holocaust DVD
This important documentary collection reveals stirring true tales of triumph that emerged from the degradations of WWII.
- Five complete documentaries examine the Resistance during WWII.
- Profiles everyone from British spies to Yankee pilots, Swedish diplomats to ordinary Germans.
- Filmed on location where many of the great acts of Resistance occurred.
It is a sobering truth that millions were victimized during WWII, millions of noncombatants subjected to unimaginably inhuman treatment. But in this hellish, hopeless wasteland, many overcame their victimization to fight back.
THE HISTORY CHANNEL® proudly presents this important collection of documentaries to shed light on lesser-known incidents of resistance, triumph and dignity.
It is estimated that there were more than 100,000 Resistance fighters in Europe during WWII working alongside Allied forces to fight the common enemy. They were ordinary men and women who acted selflessly and heroically, displaying extraordinary courage, determination and sacrifice in their efforts to help their fellow man. HEROES OF THE HOLOCAUST tells their inspiring stories.
The programs of the HEROES OF THE HOLOCAUST are:
- Angel of Bergen-Belsen: This is the detailed portrait of a young nurse compelled to action in the face of seemingly insurmountable evil.
- Whatever Happened to Raoul Wallenberg?: Probe the life and mysterious disappearance of the indefatigable man responsible for saving 100,000 lives during the Holocaust.
- M19: Escape and Evasion in Europe: Discover one of the most secretive British agencies of WWII that, through cunning and courage, saved 7,000 people: spies, downed Allied airmen and escaped prisoners.
- Nazi Ghost Train: Railroad workers and Resistance fighters stop the delivery of hundreds of prisoners bound for certain death.
- Shot From the Sky: American pilot Roy Allen, shot down in German-occupied France, is rescued, hidden, and betrayed. He is sent to Buchenwald where he is "saved" by the most unlikely of people.
The Bielski Brothers DVD
During the darkest hours of World War II, three Russian brothers achieved the impossible: they transformed persecution and violence into an incredible tale of affirmation and survival. Living in the Soviet Republic of Belorussia, Tuvia, Asael and Zus Bielski fled to the woods to escape the Nazis. There they built an elaborate village for rescued Jews. The forest haven included a bakery, communal bath, synagogue, and even a theater company. Although they mounted guerrilla attacks against the enemy, their priority was saving their people. Tuvia often declared he would “rather save one old Jewish woman than kill ten Nazis.”
The Bielskis saved 1,200 men, women, and children--easily the largest rescue of Jews by Jews during World War II--but until now their story has gone largely untold.
Including interviews with Bielski Brigade survivors in the United States, Israel, and Great Britain, HISTORY recognizes three of the greatest heroes of the Holocaust.