SKU ID #69917
- Standard Shipping: 12/18, 12 pm ET
- 1-2 Business Days: 12/20, 12 pm ET
- Next Business Day: 12/23, 12 pm ET
To Order by Phone Call 1-800-933-6249
- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: November 28, 2005
An all-new analysis of Napoleon’s undoing at the hands of the Duke of Wellington, whom no-one would have picked before the battle to prevail.
- Settles longstanding controversies and definitively solves historical puzzles.
- Utilizes cutting-edge technology from diverse fields of research.
- A definitive analysis of the Battle of Waterloo, June 1815.
Where soldiers die, history is made. BATTLEFIELD DETECTIVES offers a remarkably fresh and exhilarating look at the most fascinating conflicts in history by focusing on the bloody ground where they were waged. This groundbreaking series definitively re-examines what we think we know about history’s great clashes. BATTLEFIELD DETECTIVES redefines the military documentary by utilizing every possible technique – demonstrations, reenactments, advanced forensic and historical analysis, and more – to perfectly clarify battles from the legendary to the obscure.
Take a fresh look at the battle that became synonymous with meeting your ultimate challenge and failing. Napoleon Bonaparte was the most brilliant leader of his age, intent on joining the pantheon of history’s s greatest conquerors. With an enormous coalition force massed against him, Napoleon had one last shot at establishing an everlasting Empire, and his enemies had a single long shot of ceasing his relentless march across Europe.
At the Battle of Waterloo a quarter of a million men fought one of the most intense, bitter clashes in history. As many as fifty thousand men and ten thousand horses were brutally killed on the battlefield. By the end of the battle the Duke of Wellington had achieved the unthinkable - the defeat of the legendary Emperor of France.
Using the latest scientific techniques and historical analysis BATTLEFIELD DETECTIVES answers:
- What gave Wellington the edge at Waterloo?
- How did he achieve such an unlikely victory?
- Was it luck, skill or mistakes made by his infamous opponent?