- Additional Details
- Format: Color, DVD-Video, NTSC
- Rating: Not Rated
- Number of Discs: 1
- Run Time: 50 Minutes
- Region: Region 1
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Language: English
- Studio: History Channel
- DVD Release Date: May 27, 2005
Top secret documents help tell the tale of an extraordinary mission late in World War II.
- The true story of the Allies obtained top-secret Japanese war plans.
- Military insiders and experts shed light on this remarkable tale.
- Based on Steven Trent Smith's riveting book "The Rescue."
In 1944, a Japanese plane carrying a copy of "Z-Plan" - Japan's strategy to win the war in the Pacific - went down in the Philippines. The papers fell into the hands of pro-American guerrilla forces, and US military officials desperately wanted to retrieve them and get them to Australia, site of General Douglas MacArthur's headquarters.
SUB RESCUE details the dramatic events that made this possible. Discover how the submarine USS Crevalle was ordered to the island of Negros, where it picked up the band of missionaries and Philippine civilians who had retrieved the plan from the wreckage. If the Z-plan made it to Australia, the war could be shortened...